This Code of Conduct will serve as your contract with the Grassroots Youth Football League to promote and incorporate the ideals of good sportsmanlike conduct and ethical behaviour in all programming and events sponsored by the GYFL. Whether you are an athlete, coach, parent or spectator, the expectation is that you exhibit an honour for self and others through your words as well as your actions. Your efforts will increase not only awareness of the traits desirable in athletes but those expected of good citizens in all communities.
Parents are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct provisions. If any of these provisions are violated, the league shall have the authority and obligations to impose a penalty, including up to dismissal from league games and/or suspension temporarily or permanently from any Grassroots organization or event.
- Not criticize players and coaches in front of teammates and spectators.
- Not use abusive or profane language at any time.
- Not criticize an opposing team’s players, coaches, or fans by word of mouth or by gesture.
- Accept the decisions of game officials as being called to the best of their ability, fair and final.
- Promote sportsmanship conduct from players, coaches and fellow parents.
- Not smoke on any fields, practice or game, where youngsters are present.
- Not use any tobacco products, consume alcoholic beverages, use or posses illegal substances on any fields, practice or game, where youngsters are present.
- Maintain the prescribed team barrier during practices and games.